Below is an example fo a job description for a Duty Manager.
- Providing a visible management presence while on duty.
- Ensuring each department is prepared and staffed for each shift.
- Dealing with sales enquires in absence of sales department.
- Running of weddings, functions & conferences during each shift.
- Monitor health and safety throughout the hotel.
- Overlooking day-to-day operation of the whole facility
- Communicating with customers (handling complaints, collecting ideas on improving the operation, providing information, selling facilities, checking premises, reporting any damages and breakdowns and checking if repairs have been completed)
- Communicating with employees (problem solving, distributing work duties, providing all means to get the work done)
- Assisting other heads of departments with their work
- Reporting to the general manager